Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I am back!

Well, I took a two and a half year break from Eve Online.  Personal and real-life issues along with some game mechanic changes and I just did not have the energy to recruit new people.  At the time we would go to null sec in frigs and destroyers and people would field dreads or not fight.  It got boring.  Yes, of course, I have pvp alts. I could have used but it just wasn't the same. 

So, one of my guys said he was back to playing eve online.  That was in July of 2017.  I started looking at recent changes because it had been about six months since I had checked them.  We are in August and I start logging into Eve online.  Old friend Neok sees me and asks me to come to fly with him.  I tell my guys and help move one of them out of stain - OUCH!  I am still not fond of the jumping delays.  About a week goes by and suddenly Neok's corp isn't going to stay where they are at and the offer to join just kinda goes on hold.  Hmm ok.  So, I decide to restart Divinity. (DVN.).  Toss my corps in and just go to null sec npc to make isk.  I join a few bomber bar fleet ops and next thing I know it is October and I'm fc'ing fleets for bomber's bar.  Wait how did this happen?  I have a corp join Divinity.  First of the year comes and I'm approached by people who fly in my fleet ops who want to come to fly with me. 

Woah not what I was expecting when I rejoined Eve Online.  I just wanted to make isk, shoot people and have fun.  Ok, I guess you can come to fly with me.  Querious Fight Club I had been watching for some time - ok since they started.  Finally the first of March came and I contacted them and they said: "yes we'd love to have you".  Hmm ok ...

You know for years when I played Eve I'd have people tell me how afraid of me they were and I never understood it.  I'd have people tell me I taught good classes and got good kills.  But see the whole time people never wanted to stay in Divinity.  They would come and go, well except for a handful of people.  Maybe that is Eve Online.  Maybe it's because I'm a woman.  In either case, I don't know and frankly, don't care about that any more.  See, friendships that are really formed from playing Eve Online will stand the test of time.  It doesn't matter if you fly with me, are allied to me or fight me.  It's a game.  Real friendships come from other actions.

I've changed a lot since I last played Eve Online.  It will be interesting to see how people perceive me now.  I've spent a year playing this game and while I have a lot of knowledge and don't mind sharing it, I really just want to shoot people and have fun.  Oh yeah and make isk too. 

So I now have Divinity. Alliance.  We own sov and live in Querious.  Yes, we are members of the QFC (that stands for Querious Fight Club).  No we don't pay rent *YUCK*.  We pvp and have fun.  As for the pvp'ers I have.   Well, they are learning and that will take some time.  I wasn't willing to teach them a year ago because I didn't think I knew much about Eve Online.  Taking a break and coming back to the game has opened my eyes to several things. 

So, I am recruiting people for my corp Divine Mortals (gotta start somewhere).  If you flew with me before the Garden of the Gods may be an option for you but we will see.  I am also looking for corporations looking for a home.  Your size doesn't matter - it's your spirit and how you approach the game that matters.  One thing is for sure - you do need to be pvp'ers if you want to come fly with us and live in Querious.  It's a lot of fun!

Let's see what the next year brings us!