Saturday, October 27, 2018

Sov Ownership ... boy how it's changed and yet it

When I started Eve Online over 9 years ago - wow has it been that long?!? - Owning sov was something that you did with POS Towers.  You had to go into a system and 50% + 1 of the Moons in the system had to have POS Towers on them.  That was ridiculous.  I was friends with a logistics pilot who used to do a lot of the behind the scenes pow towers for IT.  Ok, I'm aging my self here, aren't I? Eh oh well!  Then they changed things to be TCU & SBU based and fights would happen etc.  We would start with sub-capitals and escalate fights to capitals.  That was back in a time when capital pilots would sit and wait for the word that they were needed. 

Now, everyone just jumps to capitals or supers right from the start for fights.  There is an entosis link you have to have on your ship - generally a sub-capital ship for that but wow.  Running the entosis link is like mining for ore.  You lock up the target and turn the link on and then sit there for the next 10-20 minutes.  Yawn.  Boring.  It's really BORING.  What the hell was CCP thinking when they launched this?  I know I was on a break but for fuck sake really?  Was this some way to get carebears interested in taking sov? Because this is the most BORING thing on the planet.  I've been in systems taking sov and had people type in local "have fun entosising" ... to "call us when you aren't entosising stuff".  Really? So, CCP do you know this is how the players feel about this stuff? Probably not.   Hmm who knows but I know that at some point I may end up giving them my feedback or maybe wait and hope and pray that the new owners of the game go "this is shit let's fix that" and change it!

Entosising newe systems are such a pain in the butt that the other day I was talking with a guy from QFC due to a sov thing and needless to say we kept the two extra systems we have.  An old ally who wanted the space we were given and had unblued us to "take" the sov.  When the whole time I would have given him the fucking sov - yet he didn't fucking communicate with me at all.  Now he doesn't like us living where we live and wants blues again because we could "sneak up" on him at any point.  Hmm you don't say?  Well let's see how long this lasts. 

I will say it's interesting dealing with people in this game.  I know they won't believe me but I'm not the same person I was years ago grinding out sov.  I was broken then and now I'm not.  I LOL a lot at how these guys play this game.  There are days when I even get sad because of how sexist they can be at times and the guys I play with aren't.  It's ok.  Underestimate me.  That's fine.  Been here done this before, boy how things have changed and yet they haven't. We'll just see how much you underestimate me come spring/late may 2019.  ;)

Until the next time I write. kill something!