Tuesday, October 23, 2018

And so it begins ...

So I've spent the last year in Eve playing a game that I used to play for others.  This is the first time I'm playing the game for ME.  I work and go to school full time now.  Yep, I'm finally back in school.  My alliance is small and I've done no recruitment.  All I did was play the game and people asked to come to fly with me.  Ok.  I had to do an attitude adjustment because I was just playing the game for me - not for me and to have my alliance.

So last night we lost a Rorq.  I was texted about it because I was out at a thing for writers.  Oh yeah, that's what I'm in school for :D.  Anyway told them I would be home soon.  I got home and there were only two people on Teamspeak.  The guy who lost the Rorq and another alliance member.  We talked about his play style etc. 

This fellow only has one account and flies capitals.  He doesn't want the time or expense of a second account and feels the game would suck if he did need it.  That's his opinion and he is entitled to it.  It's not one I share but I'm "old school'.  I come a time in Eve where all capital pilots have a cyno alt that is online when you have your capitals out and they are in cyno range.  Even if someone else will light your cyno you always have your cyno alt in range.  He doesn't choose to play this way.  He wants me to put up a cyno beacon so he can jump out when he needs too.  Well, that's all well and good but CCP has been changing things.  This isn't a POS Tower driven world any longer.  In about 6 weeks that will all change and I told him I'm not going to put up a cyno beacon until after that.  Cyno beacons have to be anchored on to a POS Tower and they are being discontinued.  I thought it would have been done a little faster than it has been but it is what it is. 

So do I put a cyno beacon for him?  He is one person in my alliance and the only one who needs this.  So I think I'm going to tell him if he wants a cyno beacon put up he has to pay for the beacon and be responsible to fuel it.  That seems fair to me?  But then I wonder if that is too much to ask?  Well no, that's what he needs.  So we will see.

Later this week we will have a citadel loss on our killboards.  They won't get the assets but they will be getting the citadel.  It was in low sec and that corp CEO inherited the corp and assets.  We can't defend it because of the fleet size and what we can field at this time.  That's fine.  I have a plan, ship doctrines are out.  My killboards are going to look like shit for a while.  I am hoping by December some time that we will have our pvp "shit" together and move on to the next phase in our doctrines but only time will tell with that. 

I am happy to have taught them kiting and they are using it!  I had one guy go "hey Athena look at this" and linked me a kill mail.  He took no damage and killed the guy - while kiting!  Oh yeah, baby!  I talked with a friend of mine who now lives in a WH and he says most pilots in null sec these days are F1 pilots. OH really?  LOL Yeah, this will be good. 

The next class I'm teaching is the first of many on FC'ing.  I hope to get about 3-5 people at it.  I know small numbers but that doesn't bother me.  It gives me the time to do more 1:1 training with them. 

It feels good to have pilots who want to learn how to pvp.  It feels good to share my knowledge again.

Smaller numbers of skilled pilots vs larger numbers of blobs - who will win?  Let's wait and see! ;)